Online Business License Services Available
- All business license applications should be emailed to email@example.com
- Payments can be made through the online portal, drop-box at City Hall, or sent through U.S. Mail
- We encourage use of e-check for all municipal payments
The office of the City Clerk issues a variety of business licenses. Certain businesses may require more than one type of license. Requirements and fees vary. Please refer the city code for complete information on a specific license. Certain licenses require background checks and cannot be issued on the same day as the application was submitted. For more information call 303-833-2317 ext. 120.
- Business licenses are required for most businesses. Applications and a sales tax registration form can be obtained from the City Clerk's office. License fees are based on the size of the premises and generally range from $25 up to $150.
- Peddler's, Solicitor's, or Transient Merchant's licenses are $10 per day for each person engaged as a peddler, solicitor, or transient merchant, $50 per week for each person so engaged, or $100 per month. A $1,000 bond is also required.
- Pushcart, Mobile Vending / Food Cart, or Kiosk licenses range from $20 for a one-day license to $100 for a one-year license.
- Approved home occupations must obtain an annual home occupation license. The annual cost is $25.
- Christmas tree lot licenses cost $40 per season.
- Auction licenses are $25 per each of day of sale.
Your business license is not a permit to operate and does not authorize you to operate a business that is otherwise prohibited by law or ordinance.
Renew Your License
Renewals just got easier! Check out the City of Dacono Online Payment Center for details about online payments and over-the-counter credit card payment options.
Please note: Business licenses must be renewed by January 31,2021 to avoid penalties.
Failure to Remit
Notice regarding failure to remit timely sales or admission tax or file sales tax returns. The Dacono City Council adopted Ordinance No. 776 regarding penalties for failure to remit which includes suspension or revocation of a business license.