The Dacono Police Department is aggressively seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals for the position of Police Officer. We are seeking qualified candidates to fill 1 position.
Job description includes but is not limited to:
Enforce Federal, State and Local Laws, respond to calls for service, and complete reports in a timely manner. Ability to testify in State, County, and Municipal Courts, department of motor vehicle hearings when necessary. Traffic enforcement, investigate crimes from beginning to conclusion, interview victims, witnesses, and suspects. Safely operate a patrol vehicle, maintain proficiency with police related equipment.
- Providing professional police services by applying the tenets of Responsiveness, Diligence, Resolve.
- Work rotating shifts - including holidays, weekends, days and nights.
- 4/10 work schedule
- Presents a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Inspect the assigned patrol unit for cleanliness at the beginning of the shift both inside and outside, and ensure that the unit is properly serviced and maintained.
- Properly care for and maintain all assigned equipment.
Range of compensation involves a 7 step plan ranging from entry level, $55,000 to top level of $73,705. Movement between steps is achieved if the employee receives a successful performance evaluation. Prior Law enforcement experience is given consideration when determining the level of compensation.
- 21 years of age
- GED/High school diploma
- Valid Colorado driver’s license at time of appointment
- Colorado P.O.S.T. Basic Certification, or eligibility to obtain Colorado P.O.S.T. Basic Certification if certified in another state.
- Ability to successfully complete a structured hiring process
- The position will require the successful completion of the Department’s Field Training and Evaluation Program
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Training:
- GED/High school diploma
- Current Colorado P.O.S.T. Basic Certification or eligibility to obtain Colorado P.O.S.T. Basic Certification if certified in another state
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directives and keep accurate records
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, including use of proper grammar and legible handwriting
- Ability to perform essential physical functions of the job.
• Personal time off • Paid Holidays
• Paid Overtime • Health (Cigna and Nextera Healthcare)
• Dental insurance • Vision insurance
• Retirement – FPPA Statewide Defined Benefit Plan
• Short Term Disability • Employer paid life insurance
- Written test
- Background investigation
- Medical/Drug Screen
- Chief of Police Interview
Applications may be picked up and/or dropped off at the Dacono Police Department Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
512 Cherry Avenue, Dacono, CO 80514
Application for employment, Personal History Questionnaire, and Consent to Release Information forms must be completed for applications to be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered for employment.
Completed applications can also be mailed to:
- Dacono Police Department
- P.O. Box 117
- Dacono, CO 80514
- Attn: Sergeant Brent Fitch, Police Employment