They can emerge and fly any day of the year when the air is warm, even in mid-winter. Midges are not harmful and cannot transmit West Nile Virus.
The City contracts with Vector Disease Control International (VDCI) for seasonal mosquito control. The services include: survey/mapping services of larval breeding sites, mosquito breeding site inspection and larviciding services (spraying), and adult mosquito trapping. As part of the season mosquito control services, residents contact Vector Disease Control International (VDCI) or call the MosquitoLine (877) 276-4306 with any of the following issues:
- Reports concerning mosquito annoyance areas, to be placed on a no spray or opt-out process for no spraying in front on your home
- Request notification when spraying will be done
- Request information on how to control and/or prevent mosquitoes on private property
- Request health and safety information about mosquito control operations and pesticide products used
- Request for information on what surveillance or treatment programs are taking place in the city.