Remote video inspection are offered for the inspection of occupied residential spaces including remodel, alteration, basement finish, and additions that are accessible only through occupied spaces and similar construction are taking place.
SAFEbuilt will conduct remote inspections for:
• Small Interior Remodel Projects
• Rooftop Solar (photovoltaic) -if interior access is needed
• Water Heaters
• Residential Addition/ Alteration re-inspections Reinspection’s – approved by the inspector
Remote Video Inspections not available for:
• Assessment of damage from fires and vehicles.
• Restorations of utilities and critical facilities
These services will be performed as typical field inspections as required by the Building Official and staff. Please note, it may not be possible to complete the inspection via Remote Video Inspection based on the size and the complexity of the project. For questions call the Building Department at (303) 774-1388.
Equipment required to complete a Remote Video Inspection include:
• Phone or Tablet with Internet connectivity
• If your inspection location does not have internet connectivity, please ensure that your phone or tablet can maintain a WIFI or 4G/LTE connection.
• Zoom Video Conferencing
Some devices already have the necessary video call app installed
Other Residential Inspections
- No change- All inspections for new construction will be performed as usual.
- No change- All inspections on the exterior of a home – new roof, deck, siding, gazebo, etc. – will be performed as usual.
**If your inspection needed is not on the above list, please contact the building department at (303) 774-1388.